01. learning more about La Mosca and the DR, and ways we can grow our partnership.
02. a barbecue hosted by the Aguilars (now serving full time in Santiago!).
03. an awesome bilingual church service in La Mosca.
04. great conversation with Reina on the way to the beach.
05. beach time with the Vargas family.
06. the opportunity to sit together as a team and reflect on the trip.
07. an amazing final trip dinner on the roof of the church.
08. a special air guitar performance by Jim Hatfield.
09. a not-too-early morning to get to the airport on time.
10. safe travels home.
11. a decent week easing back into work.
12. a husband who is awesome at packing for a move.
13. a birthday party for a one year old (cake smash!).
14. lunch with Danielle.
15. a bocce win.
16. a good pre-close walk through.
17. a painless closing (where we met the seller, who was so kind).
18. a celebration lunch with the Drs. Hu.
19. hanging out in an empty condo with our new neighbors.
20. a beautiful video of our trip created (so quickly) by Ben.
21. fresh paint (and the satisfaction of doing it ourselves).
22. our amazing friends and family for helping us get our move done.
23. a baseball game with the whole family (Ren and Emily flew up!).
24. a Sox win (sorry, Grandma Judy).
25. a Sunday morning doughnut delivery from friends turned neighbors.
26. discovering the BBC's Sherlock (I love you, PBS).
27. an ice cream truck at the office (for breakfast).
28. a weekend on the Cape.
29. a fun morning of Color Me Rad with Ian.
30. sharing Sherlock with Micki.
31. our new adventure as homeowners.
So, we bought a house. Technically, half a house (a condo in a 1930s two-family home). It's a 20-minute walk from our office, with a washer and dryer in the basement (no more quarters!) and a couple extra bedrooms (if you visit, you won't be on an air mattress in our living room anymore! okay, maybe still the air mattress, but in a bedroom!). We get to DIY to our hearts' content. We have three families of friends within a few blocks, and even more friends in the area. We're so excited!
But we're leaving Brookline, which simultaneously breaks our hearts. It has been our home all our 5-plus years in Boston. We love our quiet little street, and the park next door that is sometimes full of silly kids and Little League baseball games. We have lots of friends nearby, and are a short walk away from not one but two green lines. We can be downtown in 20 minutes, while still enjoying life in a quiet cozy neighborhood. We're practically next door to the library, Cutty's, and Orinoco, and we can bike to Sox games.
We know we made the right choice to move (our home-buying story is in the blog pipeline), but it is bittersweet to leave a place we love so well. Thankfully, it's not too far away and we have plenty of reasons (good friends and good food, not to mention our dentist) to come back often.
Here's to an amazing 5 years, 9 months, and 4 days in our beloved Brookline!
02. a birthday that involved lots of sweet treats at work.
03. a birthday trip to the Science Behind Pixar exhibit at the Museum of Science.
04. dinner with awesome friends.
05. fireworks, viewed from Cambridge-side.
06. Sam joining us for our annual Fourth of July celebration (yay burgers and ice cream!).
07. seeing Micki and Grandma Judy.
08. a long lunch playing bocce (#cantstopwontstop logs another win).
09. a delicious chocolate chip cookie from Fuel.
10. a successful teambuilding event for the 2015 DR trip.
11. dinner with friends who moved to NH, who we miss dearly.
12. Big Hero 6 at the Hatch Shell with other REUNIONers.
13. pulling off a delicious gluten-free cake to bring to the office for a coworker.
14. recognition for 5 years at Sasaki (for the both of us).
15. a few days with Ted, an intrepid Oregonian joining us on the DR trip.
16. a smooth-running packing party to get medical supplies into the team's checked bags.
17. getting 23 people to the airport, through security, and on flights to the DR.
18. no issues getting through customs with all the medical clinic supplies.
19. seeing awesome friends waiting to greet us curbside upon arrival.
20. an incredible team.
21. quick and efficient med sorting (thanks, Dr. America!).
22. updates on various GO projects, like the Santiago medical center.
23. a kind stocker at La Sirena who found my favorite piña con coco marmalade, missing from the shelf.
24. Helados Bon.
25. two days of painting and a successful medical clinic (even though it was especially hot).
26. Caitlin, for taking care of me when I was dehydrated + carsick (you are an awesome friend + NP).