The New York Times posted an article about a 12-foot tall snow mound that is still in the Seaport district. In July. Did I mention it's July?
I felt this was an appropriate time to reflect on the past winter, when Boston broke the record for total winter snowfall with a final tally of 110.6 inches. That's over 9 feet of snow, which would be 2 feet over Shaq's head, if you followed the Boston Globe's Shaq-o-meter in 2011. (Our mid-February very informal Ian-o-meter was photographed at 77.3 inches.)
After looking back through our photos, I have absolutely no complaints about the sometimes hot and sultry summer weather.
Curious about our past snow adventures in Boston? 2013 still stands as the fifth biggest snowstorm (thanks, WBUR!). And winter 2011 is the eighth snowiest with a season total of 81 inches, 4 inches short of maxing out the Boston Globe's Shaq-o-meter (we documented 20 inches and 70.1 inches).
And an interesting article from the Boston Globe explores potential demographic implications of the past winter. No, we're not moving to warmer climes.
01. a lunch date with three of my favorite ladies.
02. giving my 1990 Little Mermaid board game new life with G (cue Toy Story 3 finale music).
03. dinner with Ryan and the Girlbaums.
04. our dear friend Anna following her TFA dreams in Chicago (we miss you already!).
05. a plant walk over lunch at Mount Auburn.
06. dinner with some awesome REUNION people.
07. dropping in on the Perry family, which turned into dinner and watching the Triple Crown!
08. new possibilities.
09. a great DR team meeting.
10. watching the US vs. Nigeria game at the Whitsons over chicken and dumplings.
11. car-sitting while Dane and Micki are traveling.
12. another birthday celebration with Ian (I love you!).
13. a new vegetable garden at the office.
14. a simple, amazing dinner (halibut + bacon + fresh salsa + lime rice + avocado).15. Seeing Keytar Bear on the way home from work.
16. dinner (at The Butcher Shop) and a movie (Pixar) for Ian's birthday.
17. Inside Out. go see it. now.
18. our dads.
19. the Sasaki bocce league.
20. another weekend on the cape to celebrate Dane and Micki's anniversary.
23. Skyping with the Vargas family, the Aguilars, AND the Oaks!
24. finally, summer.
01. springtime flowers.
02. leadership community, and the awesome people at REUNION.
03. a Kentucky Derby party.
04. Super Cluckin' Sunday. seriously. always.
05. a new studio assistant at the office (I once again have a partner in crime!).
06. a third birthday party. the best.
07. an interesting project at the office.
08. dinner at Roxy's.
09. a Monster's University puzzle.
10. a bike ride through the city.
11. seeing the new art installation on the Greenway.
12. silly selfies with Ian.
13. dinner at Castle Island with a coworker-neighbor turned friend (and her awesome husband).
14. Tasty Burger before community group.
15. a good friend's birthday dinner at a new-to-us restaurant in JP (get the deviled eggs!).
16. ice cream at the mother cow (the JP in JP Licks).
17. that Ian's bike accident was not as bad as it could have been.*
18. a flexible office.
19. an amazing community group.
20. an entertaining fire drill at the office.
21. a short Friday followed by a long weekend on the Cape (and much needed family time).
22. loads of ice cream.
23. our veterans (I miss you, Grandpa.)
24. learning more about how to move forward in the home buying process.
25. at last, color once again in our super-local Boston Organics box.
26. a (frustrating but) successful afternoon of errands topped off with Toscanini's.
27. a new coloring book.
*Someday, when the legal and insurance things are sorted out, we'll share more of the story.