10.08.2007

Anna is tired....

Last Thursday, I started feeling a bit sick. Concerned that I was getting something more serious that's going around, I went to be ridiculously early, and drank lots of water on Friday, and felt much better — just residual throat gunk. Saturday came around, with the Sunflower State Showdown. And Anna can't not yell at a football game, especially at a huge and frustrating game like Saturday's. So I lost my voice. Audible after the game, and completely gone Sunday morning when I woke up. I went to bed at 8, woke up at 10 to see Ian, slept again until 8:15 for church, and just couldn't make a noise... except a kind of honk when I tried to say "huh." I thought the only thing wrong was I couldn't talk... no soreness, no fever, nothing. But Sunday afternoon, after seeing Sydney White, which was entertaining and lots of fun to see all the girls, I passed out in my bed for 1 1/2 hours. Now, 3:06 in the afternoon, and I think I might fall asleep at my desk. And it can't be the I-need-energy-because-it's-been-too-long-since-lunch thing, because I'm still snacking. So, apparently, no voice = drowsy Anna.

At any rate, as I wait for the kids Sunday school pictures to finish downloading so I can get them on the church web site, I'll give you a quick wedding update... *cue cheesy music!* Hah! After a wonderful chat with Micki post-game (while I still had some voice left), we figured out how to make the Arrington's flowers work, while still being very cost effective. Yay for pretty flowers! We still have to work out details, but its moving forward. The next big things on the list are getting the invites printed and addressed, hopefully this week/weekend. I cringe at the cost of postage... which I think could actually outweigh the printing/envelope costs... *sigh.* We also need to pick ceremony music so we can get it to Ben to arrange... because he's talented like that... yes, talented, even in the John-sense of the word (this is post-hour long discussion on music/art and what it's primary purpose should be... art or function, ahhh, engaging intellect). Then we have to figure out where we're getting sound equipment for the reception. We've got a lot on the to-do list this week, while Ian has a lighter school load. Yay for the break after the project! :) Yesterday, we picked out engagement pictures for our order. I'm so excited to get them! And Ian is focusing on looking for apartments in Philly for us to live... I suppose we should start researching for August, as well, since we have to pick out our apartment for when we come back before we leave. If you've got any recommendations for property managers, let us know!!

Last, but not least, a mom update. She's doing great! They switched her chemo program... they bumped down the dosage and changed it to weekly, instead of bi-weekly, so Friday was the second of those, and she's doing better. She has to take white blood cell booster stuff right after, but this way she should stay on track, instead of having to continually bump treatments back for low counts. The last time I talked to her, she sounded good! However, I haven't been able to call since then, due to lack of voice...

I shall sign off for now... the pictures are finally done downloading. I leave you with a visual of what my voice sounds like right now...

goose