3.15.2012

I'm (almost) famous in Japan!

After a fire at the original venue postponed the kimonoko launch party, Robinia Hill finally was able to host the show. And if you recall, I modeled the kimonoko last April for some Robinia Hill blog and web site photos. When it was time to take more photos and shoot a video to bring Takako's vision to life, I was once again wrapped in silk and dropped in front of the camera.

kimonoko photo shoot
photo by Ryan Mack, courtesy of Robinia Hill 
I am so not professional at this, but thankfully Takako, the videographer, and the photographer were very encouraging and had lots of tips and direction. And somehow, amidst the plethora of photos with awkward expressions and stilted poses, a few good ones appeared.

kimonoko photo shoot
photo by Ryan Mack, courtesy of Robinia Hill 
I modeled both my favorite from the previous shoot and a new cozy knit version.

kimonoko photo shoot
photo by Ryan Mack, courtesy of Robinia Hill 
Photos from this shoot greeted guests at the door, and the short video we filmed (I felt silly walking around dramatically for this, but it came together well) served as an intro to the dance performance.

I doubt I'll get any autograph requests if I ever travel to Japan, but the experience was fun, albeit exhausting. And now I have a few more ideas for how to wear my own kimonoko, since the extent of my creativity has been wearing it as a wrap.

Thanks again to Takako for bringing me on board!

I did receive a kimonoko in exchange for modeling, but I'm only blogging about it because I like it.