- complete a Bible reading plan. I'm not as consistent as I want to be, but She Reads Truth has been amazing for me.
- use the crock pot once a week for a month.
- bake something once a month. (
12 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12) be able to have basic conversations in French — find a partner.Thanks, DuoLingo! take a Spanish class before the DR trip.Thanks again, DuoLingo! declutter the apartment again — leave nothing in our to-Craigslist pile.I accomplish this every year, but every January, I put it on my list again, because things pile up. Maybe Marie Kondo's advice will help it stick in 2015.
- make Grandma’s cinnamon rolls. I still have a sense of accomplishment because I learned spritz in 2014.
- make Grandma's potato sausage.
- clean out my email inbox, and keep it streamlined (don't let emails languish). Thanks to a new inbox system learned from Sara and the new Inbox by Gmail, I feel thisclose to accomplishing this goal!
talk to an ELP about our plan for buying a home.
- call/e-mail a long-distance friend each month. (1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12)
- video chat/call family twice a month. (
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 1011 12)
- go on a creative date with Ian each month. (
12 3 4 5 6 78 9 10 11 12)
- write for “Riding with Charlie” once a month. (1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12)
concrete aspirations 2014 in summary
While I didn't knock out everything on my list, I feel I did pretty well considering I didn't even look at the list every month. It sounds like a cop out, but I still remember Christina Rosalie's words about making these sorts of lists... if you tuck it away, when you find it again you'd be surprised at how many of them happened.
Labels: concrete aspirations