- Read all of Jane Austen's books — Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice, Mansfield Park, Emma, Northanger Abbey, Persuasion, Lady Susan.
- Attempt all the recipes from mom, at least once. — bbq meatballs, biko, eclairs, beef brisket.
- Finish Mere Christianity.
- Read Velvet Elvis, Soul Cravings, and The Barbarian Way.
- Decorate my canvas bag.
- Finish our wedding thank-yous. — just need to sleuth out one more address.
- Catch up scrapbooking.
- Watch all of The Godfather movies with Ian.
- With Ian, complete, in order written, the Chronicles of Narnia. - finished The Silver Chair.
- Whittle down our collection of stuff.
- Write Grandma every month.
- Re-start our potted herb garden when we get back in August. — herbs are (hopefully) in winter hibernation!
- Finish the process of changing my name at necessary institutions.
- Attempt to do a folded-book art sculpture.
- Back up my photos to Picasa or Flickr (decide which one!).
- Learn Tagalog.
- Catch up in my journal.
- Keep up the habit of weekly meal planning.
- Clean the apartment at least bi-weekly.
- Improve my athletic skills (a.k.a. things like play catch with Ian).
- Exercise at least 3 times a week. — yay for Wii Fit!
- Get up in time to put on makeup and do my hair for work, if I want to.
- Work on my creative writing 2 times a week. — signed up for NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month: 50,000 words in November).
- Finish knitting the scarves/hats I bought yarn to make.
- Pick out the wedding photos to order/have in an album and relay to Gina.
- Plan a creative, fun, inexpensive date once a month.
- Learn a really good bring-to-share homemade side dish recipe and dessert recipe.
- Hone in our budget and really stick to it.
Vanessa's 28 Things inspired list.
My lovely friend Vanessa has a list of 28 things she wants to accomplish in 2008. I was inspired by her list, and the idea of using my blog to track progress on things I really want to do. So, here is my own list, although I think this will end up as more of a running list, and I won't force myself to finish it by the end of 2008, since I'm officially starting in April, and I don't want to overextend myself, knowing we have a big halfway-across-the-country move to make again in August. I'll probably make more lists when I come up with things (but I probably should make myself finish one list before starting another set!), and I will try to post when I accomplish things (at least the more interesting ones). Also, I'll bold things I finish — if you want to track this list of projects from time to time, just click on concrete aspirations in the sidebar.
Labels: concrete aspirations