1.12.2011

Concrete Aspirations 2011

These 28 things are my concrete aspirations for 2011. This year I want to create healthier habits, learn more, and knock off some projects that require a little extra motivation. I try not to stress if I don't get everything done, but this year I've tried to make my goals more measurable so it's not easy to just put it off until next year. You can track my progress on the concrete aspirations page. (Italics are in progress.)
  1. Go through the Tagalog Rosetta Stone lessons - do at least one a week.
  2. Read 3 of Ian’s creation care books.
  3. Write something for “Riding with Charlie” once a month.
  4. Keep my inbox under a maximum of 25 email at any given time - I get stressed when it piles up.
  5. Upload our professional wedding photos to Flickr for peace of mind.
  6. Learn two quick, cute ways to style my new haircut.
  7. Organize and clean up photos in iPhoto.
  8. Make one new soup each month - most soups are healthy, right?
  9. Make grandma’s cinnamon rolls, rolls, angel food cake, and potato sausage.
  10. Eat fruit and veggies at lunch and dinner for one month (in theory this will turn into habit).
  11. WiiFit 3x a week for one month - when I got my job and had less time I fell off the Wii-gon and want to get back on (again, in theory this will turn into habit).
  12. Floss every day for 2 weeks straight (again, habit).
  13. Make or get rid of all the recipes in my recipe box. And nothing new goes in without cooking/baking it first.
  14. Only eat out one meal a week max (this means packing lunches regularly).
  15. Read through the Bible chronologically again, this time in NASB.
  16. Have date night with Ian once a month.
  17. Call or e-mail one friend a week.
  18. Write to Grandma once a month.
  19. Go through Sacred Marriage and Celebration of Discipline with Ian.
  20. Figure out my personal style and give away at least 10 items in my wardrobe that don’t fit that.
  21. Do an at-home pedicure once a month.
  22. Design personal cards and print them with moo.com.
  23. Design and order/print a bookplate stamp/sticker/embosser. Between that and my dust jacket covers, I’ll feel like we have a library. Dream come true!
  24. Curate the rest of the bedroom, then move on to the kitchen and bathroom so they all are as streamlined and simplified as the living room.
  25. Figure out and implement a good system for our under bed storage.
  26. Choose one evening a week to go without electricity-powered entertainment (read! play games!).
  27. Paint and decorate the pink floral round box to match the living room.
  28. Obtain a better aquarium for the frogs with a light and a filter.
concrete aspirations