3.31.2012

our wicked good Christmas slippers

Three months in, and our L.L. Bean slippers are still probably the best thing that has ever happened to our feet.

Love our @LLBean wicked good slippers.

We got them for each other for Christmas, unplanned. We'd talked about them over the summer, but who buys fuzzy slippers in July? By fall, I was careful to not mention footwear around Ian, lest he guess that I was planning to surprise him.

Unbeknownst to me, Ian already had the very same idea, and in fact ordered matching his & hers slippers. A pair for me, and the exact pair that I ordered for him. He wrapped both boxes and tucked them under the tree.

I opened my box and immediately slid my feet into the shearling lined cocoons. But I had a sinking feeling. The two boxes Ian wrapped had come in the same package, and the size and shape of the second box was exactly the same as the box I had wrapped and placed under the tree for Ian weeks earlier.

He opened the one from me first, and I watched his face as he realized what I already guessed. He was the proud owner of not one, but two pairs of L.L. Bean's wicked good moccasins.

We had a good laugh, returned the extra pair (he kept the ones from me), and snuggled into our matching slippers. Our feet have never been happier. And I'm thankful I have such a thoughtful husband.