Friends showed us a parody music video about Instagram to the tune of "Photograph" by Nickelback (warning: language). The song is essentially a list of ubiquitous Instagram photo subjects. Ian and I are pretty avid Instagram users, and when I heard the song start out with eggs Benedict (one of my earliest Instagrams at Felix in NYC, if you're wondering), I just had to see how our feeds matched up. Because it's always fun to laugh at ourselves.
01. eggs Benedict (Anna)
02. lemon tart (Anna, actually pistachio cannoli)
03. painted fingernails (Ian. Just kidding. His toes don't look that pretty.)
05. beach feet (Anna)
06. plane's wing in the air (Ian. One of a total nine plane photos between us.)
07. city lights in black and white (Ian)
08. glasses on cat (Ian, actually Facetime w/ Pfluff); runner up: Clover reading (Anna)
09. old door (Ian, actually old building that includes old doors)
10. abandoned store sign (Anna, not actually abandoned)
13. coffee foam (Anna, one of three)
14. pretentious tome (Ian, one of two)
15. garden gnome (Anna, actually frog lawn ornament); runner up: squirrel (Anna)
16. fireworks (Anna)
19. clouds (Ian, though arguably the focus is the building)
20. duck in the city (Anna, actually a turkey family)
21. setting sun (Ian)
22. peach pie (Anna, actually angel food cake with berry compote)
23. kids (Anna, not actually our kid)
If you're counting, we have 18 of 23, without taking any photos after watching the music video. We might lose points for stretching a few of the more specific photos, but I think we get bonus points for the specific ones we exactly matched, plus for chasing birds around in the city with an iPhone. I looked exactly like the guy in the video, minus the language.
So, fellow Instagram users, are you as guilty as we are?
See all our combined Instagrams, and follow us @scherling200 and @annakristina28.