1.01.2013

Concrete Aspirations 2012 in summary


I pared down my concrete aspirations list in 2012, but I had a lot of items that required doing it multiple times in the year. This was harder in terms of motivation, because I couldn't cross it off and be done. This meant I didn't necessarily get much done. And by not much I mean basically nothing... so I'll be retooling again for success in 2013!
  1. Figure out how to access Rosetta Stone once we get rid of the PC, then do the lessons (or use another system) at least once a week. I dropped Tagalog to brush up on French. I got started, but this will carry into 2013 as we gear up for our planned trip to Paris in May.
  2. Write for “Riding with Charlie” once a month. (2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12) I did this a few times, but not as often as I would like. I was more observant this year though!
  3. Organize and clean up photos in iPhoto. This is a huge project. I think I'll break this down into chunks for 2013.
  4. Make grandma’s cinnamon rolls, rolls, angel food cake, and potato sausage. I got lessons from Grandma over Christmas and I should be pretty good at the rolls (and most likely cinnamon rolls) but I'd still like to try my hand at them.
  5. WiiFit 3x a week. I do well at the beginning of the year, then summer hits... This is another one that will carry into 2013.
  6. Read through Luke 10 times. (1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10) I need to come up with a good Bible reading plan for 2013.
  7. Call or e-mail one friend each month. (1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12) This helped me be more intentional about contacting friends, but still not as much as I would like.
  8. Write to Grandma once a month. (1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12) We did talk more on the phone at least!
  9. Video chat with family twice a month. (1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12) For 2013, this is a recurring reminder on my phone, which should help.
  10. Go through Sacred Marriage and Celebration of Discipline with Ian.
  11. Design and order/print a bookplate stamp/sticker/embosser. Between that and my dust jacket covers, I’ll feel like we have a library. Dream come true! Really, we should be able to knock this out quickly...
  12. Curate the rest of the bedroom, then move on to the kitchen and bathroom so they all are as streamlined and simplified as the living room.
More details on my progress are in related posts.

concrete aspirations