1.24.2009

The 6 posts of Christmas: eastern Kansas tour

So I was hoping to have this, and a couple other catch-up blogs finished at the beginning of this week, but work has been crazy. I'll try to get the personalize-your-blog post up tomorrow!

A quick recap of our Christmas travels.
We drove to SC and stayed out on the farm, as Grandma Marilyn's house was full. It was great spending more time with Grandma Judy, and I hopefully have finally learned Pitch well enough that I don't have to relearn next time. However, I didn't even attempt Pinochle. The Scherling family Christmas was fantastic, hanging out with everyone, opening lots of presents (thanks again to everyone, we love everything!), and of course eating lots of food. We, however, failed to take photos.

After a couple of days, we traveled to Grandma and Grandpa's farm to meet all of my family for our Christmas. Again, more great food, and fun presents! Caleb got Apples to Apples, and this ended up being the highlight of the Christmas. I can't remember us ever playing a game where we all could play at the same time. And what was so memorable about this game? Mom put the green card down that said "disturbing." In the list of red cards anonymously put down for her to decide the best, was a little card that said "my love life." Can you guess who put that one down? Yup. My dad. I don't think I've seen either one of them laugh that hard in years. Here's some highlights in photos.

ian opens scategories
Ian excited about Scategories (thanks Ellen!).
visiting kenneth
Christmas pie with Grandpa at the nursing home.
caleb
Caleb makes a funny face.
dwight naps under the table
Dad taking a nap under the table... not sure why.
playing apples to apples
all of us playing Apples to Apples. Aunt Coleen is hiding behind Ellen.
kris laughing so hard she's crying
Mom laughing so hard at Dad she's crying.
dwight shows his collection
Dad with the Apples to Apples cards he won. note he did win the "disturbing" card.

We had so much fun spending time with all of our family, and we love you!